[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache Users] - Re: Memory growth even after pojo is deattached from pojo ca

anandhs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 16 15:32:06 EST 2009

So here is what I have found so far. The problem is the usage of Map/HashMap that the Order and Item uses to store its children.

Order has many Items
Item has many Attributes.

Interestingly I am not even using Attributes, just the presence of that causes the test to take about 30-40% more memory.

Here is what I have observed for a test that I am running

test,                                    Heap,   PermGen,  CPU,  Classes loaded
With Maps for both,               468M , 112M,         8%,   11,000
No Attribute Map,                  285M,   64M,          5%,   7,000
No Item and Attribute Map,    74M,     16M,          1%,   3,300

I am going to continue to try other things, but looks like I have my culprit. The question is if this is a bug or expected??

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4265958#4265958

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4265958