[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal Users] - Why does request URI change between processAction and doView

JohnnyTheHun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 22 19:00:38 EST 2009

We are calling an action url:
https://mine.com/authsec/portal/myportal/mypage/myportletWindow?action=1&myparam=myvalue

We are checking the underlying HttpServletRequest in the processaction and the doview methods:

  | HttpServletRequest req = (HttpServletRequest) PolicyContext.getContext("javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest");

We print the path info for debugging:

  | log().info("PATH INFO in processAction: +req.getPathInfo()+"?"+req.getQueryString());
  | log().info("PATH INFO in doView: +req.getPathInfo()+"?"+req.getQueryString());

Under JBoss Portal 2.7.0.CR1 we get:
PATH INFO in processAction: /portal/myportal/mypage/myportletWindow?action=1&myparam=myvalue
PATH INFO in doView: /portal/myportal/mypage/myportletWindow?action=1&myparam=myvalue

Under JBoss Portal 2.7.2 we get:
PATH INFO in processAction: /portal/myportal/mypage/myportletWindow?action=1&myparam=myvalue
PATH INFO in doView: /portal/myportal/mypage/myportletWindow?action=e&windowstate=normal&mode=view

notice the change in the path info we get under 2.7.2 from doView method.

What happened, why doesn't 2.7.0.CR1 and 2.7.2 react the same way? What can we do to get the path info from doView as well?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4266945#4266945

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4266945