[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: How to use timers?

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 23 14:54:30 EST 2009

First of all, let me point you to http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#volume

Personally, when I started reading your post and encounter very basic questions with statements that are plain wrong (see further on, and my previous post) in combination with LOTS of data (will not call it information), I really hesitate to respond, but since I'm in a really good mood

anonymous wrote : The first problem I encounter is a "service 'scheduler' unavailable" error. Searching on the net I found some hints like "start the scheduler" or "change the configuration in src/main/config/jbpm.cfg.xml.

Isn't the internet great

anonymous wrote : But nobody explains WHAT is the scheduler,

Are you serious? You did not ever get the impression that it is used to execute timers? Strange since you have a problem with timers and a message that the scheduler is unavailable and you started searching in this direction. Oh, and it is in the first chapter of the user docs: http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v3/userguide/introduction.html#d0e130

anonymous wrote : how to start it, etc..

Besides in the docs: http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v3/userguide/deployment.html#webapplication

Very little searching yielded
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=80078&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10

and many more links

anonymous wrote : However, after some trials and debugging sessions I found that the solution to this problem is another one: you need to create a JbpmContext by yourself:

This is also very basic jBPM stuff and in almost all examples, getting started. So I it sounds strange to me that you only found this out through debugging.

anonymous wrote : However, as I'm working with no database at all, I wouldn't expect that.

You yourself might not be, but does it come as a surprise that jBPM might need one? jBPM is a statemachine, mainly for workflow, so long running processes. Most people would like that state to be persistent to survive a crash or restart. Most systems use a database for this (as does jBPM).

I hope this already helps you as I did not look into your two specific cases.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267134#4267134

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267134