[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal Users] - Using WYSIWYG editor for entering UTF-8 characters

skhobarekar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 24 05:52:22 EST 2009

I have a requirement to use UTF-8 character for some bilingual requirement. Where in the text that is displayed is not english. I am using the CMS portlet to upload the content and assign it in the CMS portlet which is then displayed in the Portal page. The issues arises when I try to edit the content in the WYSIWYG editor. Whenever the content is opened for editing in the editor and I click on the save (create) button of the editor the content is converted to junk character specifically this - "?????? ???? ???" and displayed.

This is not an issue with the DB (portal DB). I checked the DB table; the content is save in a different pattern when the file uploaded. However the same content gets converted to  ???? ??? ?? in the table when the content is edited using the WYSIWYG editor.

Any help on this front is appreciated

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267256#4267256

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267256