[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Users] - Re: EJB jar cannot be deployed as a library (JBoss 5.0.1.GA)

rsoika do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 24 16:24:56 EST 2009

Hi Jaikiran,
yes I mean JPA entities. And yes, they are just plain jar files without ejb deployment descriptor. I am deploying a separate EJB Module in my EAR which defines session EJBs and also the persistence.xml with the definition of my persistence unit.

So my ear folder structure looks like this:

  | /
  | +- lib/
  | |  +- imixs-workflow-api-x.x.x.jar
  | |  +- imixs-workflow-jee-x.x.x.jar           (contains the JPA entity beans)
  | |  +- imixs-workflow-jee-impl-x.x.x.jar   (contains EJB 3.0 Session beans)
  | +- my_ejb_module.jar                            (contains ejb-jar.xml and persistence.xml)
  | +- my_web_module.war
  | +- ...

The project is deployable on glassfish successfully.
To me it looks like that scanning of the /lib folder did not happen during deployment. Did I need any special descriptor/properties? I read about that this problem was an issue in version 4.x.

The ear is part of the imixs workflow project so you can download the application if this would help you understanding my problem:
https://imixs-workflow.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

thanks for help
ralph

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267405#4267405