[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Classloader bug with java2parentdelegation in JBoss 5.x?

ops do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 27 12:09:52 EST 2009

Sorry for the trashy posting. Once again:
Yes, but if this wiki http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/JbossClassLoadingUseCases is correct, then ehe "parent" meant in this setting is the loader repository, not the loader itself. The article shows that in a scoped repository the java2ParentDelegation is off by default, wich means that the parent loader repository is never asked for the class. So the scoped repository has to load it by itself or - if this fails - has to ask the parent class loader (NoAnnotationURLClassLoader). If you switch java2ParentDelegation on, the parent repository is asked first if it has the class already loaded but does NOT load it itself. And that`s exactly how JBoss 4.2.2.GA behaves. In my opinion, the parent repository is never allowed to load classes for a scoped repository. Did I get anything wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267835#4267835

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267835