[jboss-user] [Persistence] - HQL query doesn't have same result when deployed in JBoss

ptitjeojeo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 28 03:51:17 EST 2009

Hello everybody,

I don't know if there is the good place for this post...

Maven dependencies :
- hibernate-3.2.4.sp1
- hibernate-entitymanager-3.2.1.ga
- hibernate-annotation-3.2.1.ga
- persistence-api-1.0
- mysql-connector-java-5.1.8

Application Server : JBoss 4.2.3
Database Server : MySQL 5.1

The hibernate library are those that can be found in the /lib folder of JBoss 4.2.3.
I have a different behaviour when I test my application via JUnit and via my Web Application deployed under JBoss.

I have a class MyClass with a property type. The type property is an enumeration define like that :
@Enumerated(EnumType.STRING)

I have the following query :
SELECT m FROM MaClasse WHERE m.type = ?

  | request.setParameter(Type.TEST);

When I test the query with a JUnit test, the type parameters is correctly replaced by the  "TEST" value in the sql query.

If i deploy the WebApplication and do the same test the type parameters is not replaced by  "TEST" value but by a strange value with hexa characters "2c14f2c45d47d58c8c8c8c8......"

I've put the debug mode and I found that the Enumeration is not evaluated in the same way :
	- JUnit : EnumType
	- JBoss : SerializableType.

My question is, why such behaviour ? Is there a specific link between JBoss and hibernate libraries ???
I tried to delete hibernate libraries from JBoss.. it didn't work.

If someone has already encountered this kind of problem ??

Thanks in advance.

ps : I can prepare a little test to reproduce the behaviour if you want.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267892#4267892

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267892