[jboss-user] [Javassist Users] - Using Resteasy with javassist?

immure do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 29 18:13:46 EST 2009

I'm trying to use resteasy to serve out some entities fetched by spring-hibernate.

I've configured one method which returns a POJO and works as expected:

  |     @GET
  |     @Path("/test")
  |     @Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_XML)
  |     public Episode getTestEpisode() {
  |       Episode e = new Episode();
  |       e.setEpisodename("test");
  |       return e;
  |     }

Produces:

  |     <episode episodeId="0">
  |      <combinedEpisodenumber>0.0</combinedEpisodenumber>
  |      <combinedSeason>0</combinedSeason>
  |      <episodename>test</episodename>
  |      <episodenumber>0</episodenumber>
  |      <seasonId>0</seasonId>
  |      <seasonnumber>0</seasonnumber>
  |     </episode>

However, if I try and return something from spring/hibernate I get an error:

anonymous wrote : Could not find MessageBodyWriter for response object of type: com.company.domain.Episode_$$_javassist_27 of media type: application/xml

I imagine this is some magic with javassist, however I think it's confusing JAX-B by not being the expected class. Can I tell JAX-B where to look for the annotations, or can I get a POJO from this object?

Never used javassist directly, so not sure how it works.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267990#4267990

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267990