[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Users] - Re: EJB jar cannot be deployed as a library (JBoss 5.0.1.GA)

rsoika do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 30 03:56:26 EST 2009

Jaikiran,
thanks for your help. Yes when I put the persistence.xml into the .ear it looks much better. The deployer now recognizes the entities and so I take one step forward... :-)

"jaikiran" wrote :
  | The weird part about the packaging is - the my_ejb_module.jar is mapped as a EJB module and contains only the descriptors (ejb-jar.xml, jboss.xml etc..). No classes within that jar.

I know this looks not typical for an jee project, but I think it should be a typical way  deploying existing JEE components. The reason for that ear layout is, that I want to provide developers of workflow applications with a EJB based workflow component. This component is part of the imixs wokflow project and packaged into the  imixs-workflow-jee-x.x.x and imixs-workflow-jee-impl-x.x.x jars.
So if you plan to add Imixs workflow components into your JEE Web project there should be no need to add sources/classes into the EJB Module or deal with the whole EJB stuff. The developer should only declare a few descriptors. So the JEE Project becomes very compact.
My vision is that the application developer concentrates on the GUI and add only some Richfaces libs and some business logic bundled in ejb-jars.
I think this is one of the concepts behind JEE component architecture. And I did not understand why we found so much cool GUI components like RichFaces but no business components which helps developers to speed up the application development.

Maybe this idea becomes more clear if you look at one tutorial I wrote about the usage of my maven archetype:

http://www-02.imixs.com/roller/imixsworkflow/entry/building_a_imixs_workflow_webapp2

you see - I want to attest that not only RubyOnRails developers are speedy ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4268028#4268028

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4268028