[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - More ServiceBindingSet questions

bdamato do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 2 16:19:13 EDT 2009

I've got a jboss server that's running behind an apache web server, so I have the HTTP and HTTPS connectors disabled in jbossweb.sar/server.xml. Only AJP is running:

  | <Connector protocol="AJP/1.3" port="8709" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
  |          redirectPort="8443" />

I'm using the port offset feature in bindingservice.beans/META-INF/bindings-jboss-beans.xml to handle the ports. Everything is working properly, except that when I hit a secured web page, jboss is redirecting me to port 9143 instead of 8443 (port offset is 700). This is my config:

  |    <!-- The CouponEngineBindings bindings are obtained by taking the base bindings and adding 700 to each port value -->
  |    <bean name="CouponEngineBindings" class="org.jboss.services.binding.impl.ServiceBindingSet">
  |       <constructor>
  |          <!--  The name of the set -->
  |          <parameter>CouponEngineBindings</parameter>
  |          <!-- Default host name -->
  |          <parameter>${jboss.bind.address}</parameter>
  |          <!-- The port offset -->
  |          <parameter>700</parameter>
  |          <!-- Set of bindings that are specific to this ServiceBindingSet -->
  |          <parameter>
  |             <set elementClass="org.jboss.services.binding.ServiceBindingMetadata">
  |                 <bean class="org.jboss.services.binding.ServiceBindingMetadata">
  |                     <property name="serviceName">jboss:service=Naming</property>
  |                     <property name="bindingName">Port</property>
  |                     <property name="port">8299</property>
  |                     <property name="description">The listening socket for the Naming service</property>
  |                     <property name="fixedPort">true</property>
  |                 </bean>
  |                 <bean class="org.jboss.services.binding.ServiceBindingMetadata">
  |                     <property name="serviceName">jboss.web:service=WebServer</property>
  |                     <property name="bindingName">HttpsConnector</property>
  |                     <property name="port">8443</property>
  |                     <property name="description">JBoss Web HTTPS connector socket</property>
  |                     <property name="fixedPort">true</property>
  |                 </bean>
  |             </set>
  |         </parameter>
  |       </constructor>
  |    </bean>

Any ideas on how I make tomcat redirect HTTPS requests to the correct port?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4258492#4258492

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4258492