[jboss-user] [Clustering] - Lifecycle methods with HASingletonDeployer

gosgurka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 6 05:50:40 EDT 2009

I'm sorry if this is a common noob question, but I can't find a solution reading FAQs and the wiki.

What I'm trying to do is writing a bean that should do some work when a new master gets elected. I've read that the recomended way is to use a MDB with dependency on 'jboss.ha:service=HASingletonDeployer,type=Barrier', and then do the work in the start lifecycle method.
I guess I have to register a listener on the lifecycle phase or something since I don't get any calls to my start() method, but I don't know how to do that.
The version I'm using is 4.2.2.GA.

This is my tiny test bean:
import javax.ejb.ActivationConfigProperty;
  | import javax.ejb.MessageDriven;
  | import javax.jms.Message;
  | import javax.jms.MessageListener;
  |
  | import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.Depends;
  |
  | @Depends("jboss.ha:service=HASingletonDeployer,type=Barrier")
  | @MessageDriven(name = "DummyMDBean", activationConfig = {
  | 		@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),
  | 		@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination", propertyValue = "queue/testQueue"),
  | 		@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "acknowledgeMode", propertyValue = "Auto-acknowledge") })
  | public class DummyMDBean implements MessageListener {
  |
  | 	public void start() throws Exception {
  | 		System.out.println("=== START ===");
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void onMessage(Message message) {
  | 		System.out.println("message = " + message);
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public DummyMDBean() {
  | 		System.out.println("=== CREATE ===");
  | 	}
  | }

I have also tried using a Service bean without any luck.
If the bean recieves a message DummyMDBean() and onMessage() gets called, but start() never gets called.

The bean are stopped/started correct on all slaves and master, it's just the start() I can't get to work.

Does anyone know of an alternative way to do the tasks when going from slave to master?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4258825#4258825

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4258825