[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Using Process variables as parameters for method calls

sebastian.s do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 7 03:09:29 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

I was reading the section about java activities and process variables in the userguide and wondering about some things.

In a java or a custom activity I could use
Object getVariable(String key);
to retrieve the values of process variables and then I could go use them as arguments for method calls.

But that means that if I changed the names of the process variables I would need to change the implementation of the java or custom activity, too. So wouldn't it be more convient to be able to specifiy process variables in the process definition which would be passed as arguments? So in case the process variable names changed just the process definition would need need changes but the java class wouldn't need to be touched?

If I got it wrong I'd be happy for some clarifying words. If not this seems to turn out to be a discussion for the dev forum, right?

I was also wondering why you can specify the method name for a java activity in the GPD but not the number of arguments.

Sebastian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4259029#4259029

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4259029