[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: jdbc not bound

bwalker55 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 7 12:53:52 EDT 2009

I've been referred here from my own similar query: http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4259203#4259203

>From what I can gather from this thread, a web.xml and jboss-web.xml must exist in the WEB-INF directory of every application that wants to access the globally defined datasource: *.ds.xml.

It would appear the purpose of the these two files is to map a Java EE Environment Naming Context (enc) 'local' entry (ie java:/comp/env/jdbc/MyDataSource)  to a jBossNS 'global' naming entry (ie java:/MyDataSource). Have I got this right?

Now, is there a way to globally define this mapping for all jBoss web applications in a similar fashion that the *-ds.xml datasource is globally defined? I would like to deliver an application that does not have jBoss specific configuration entries in the web.xml and does not need a jboss-web.xml file.

I know there are applications (I've installed at least one) that work with jBoss that only need the *-ds.xml deployed. What's the trick?

Thanks, Bob.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4259216#4259216

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4259216