[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Users] - Re: Cannot find service endpoint target

groovie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 7 14:14:18 EDT 2009

Salut mecs,

the problem hints to an inavailable ressource on the
session bean, like a delayed of unavailable
datasource.You shold check the server.log for any
kind of ressource problems.

In our case, our web-services suddently ran
into the same problem,. throwing the same exception.
We are using an Oracle-DB for to persist our data.
Sombody changed the OracleDialect to OracleDialect
or another one finally we hat the problems with our
webservice.
Some week later i noticed error messages (only one
line) like this one:

server.log.2009-10-02:2009-10-02 11:28:36,575 INFO [org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect] Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle10gDialect
server.log.2009-10-02:2009-10-02 11:39:37,602 INFO [org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect] Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.OracleDialect
server.log.2009-10-02:2009-10-02 11:39:37,602 WARN [org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect] The Oracle9Dialect dialect has been deprecated; use either Oracle9iDialect or Oracle10gDialect instead

Despite the fact, that this are only warnings, i guess,
i found that smoking gun.

Assumption:
The error/warning condition slowed down the
session bean, causing the WS unsuccessfully
searching for a session bean, that has not been
started.
I switched to the Oracle10gDialect and the problem
disappeared!

Voila

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4259234#4259234

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4259234