[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: how to change the root url of jboss

charlesbihis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 9 15:57:19 EDT 2009

Hi Peter

Yes, the base URL www.example.com will be handled by Apache.  So, the gist of it is that I would like www.example.com and all other URLs to be handled by Apache, serving up PHP pages...EXCEPT, anything that goes to www.example.com/servlet/* which I would like to configure to be handled by JBoss to serve up JSP pages and servlet applications.  Now, I've been able to do all (err, most) of this...have Apache handle all requests to the base URL and all others, and using mod_jk, I've enabled a filter that forwards all requests to www.example.com/servlet/* to go to JBoss.  The only problem is that when the request goes to JBoss, JBoss looks for an application or page in the /servlet/ context, which has nothing there, so it gives me a "Resource not found" error.

So, in short, I've reduced the problem to just being able to change the root URL of JBoss from www.example.com to www.example.com/servlet, the idea being that if I can get the welcome page to display there, then I can deploy applications as normal, but access them with the URL www.example.com/servlet/appName instead of www.example.com/appName.  Like I said, I *could* go in and change the context root of each individual application that I want to deploy to explicitly include /servlet/ before the app-name, but that seems to me less than ideal, not to mention that I'd have to open up each previously written app, hardcode a context URL specific for deployment on this instance of JBoss, recompile, and redeploy.

Anyways, I was trying to keep the problem as simple as possible just for posting's sake, but I guess it was necessary to dive right in.  If anyone can help, that'd be great.

Thanks again!

Charles

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4259710#4259710

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4259710