[jboss-user] [EJB] - generic business interface

mlieshoff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 12 09:29:32 EDT 2009

Hi all,

i have some problems with my business interface and a extending remote interface with his implementing bean. I use jBoss 4.0.5 GA and it seems, generic typing does not work in this constallation.

Business interface is following :

public interface Business {
    // returns all elements of type t founded by name
    List getElementsByName(String name) throws Exception;
}

My remote is type for items of type Item :

public interface ItemRemote extends EJBObject, Business {
    // returns all elements of type t founded by name
    List getElementsByName(String name) throws RemoteException;
}

My bean :

public ItemBean implements SessionBean, Business {
    public List getElementsByName(String name) throws RemoteException {
        // do some magic to get list of item
    }
}

Deploying fails because of this reason :

Bean must implement all remote interface methods :

List getElementsByName(String name) throws RemoteException;

--> it seems, generic methods are translated to object typed methods while jBoss runtime bean code generation/verifying

Somebody knows about it and can help ?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4259897#4259897

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4259897