[jboss-user] [Clustering] - Re: HTTP Session passivation - How to survive server restart

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 12 18:48:36 EDT 2009

Thanks for confirming that. What you're trying to do is valid; it's just that it requires real caution when used in an actual cluster with production data, so it's not the default.

That technique won't work if the JBC config has "useRegionBasedMarshalling" set to true. Which in AS 5.1 is only the case for the field-granularity-session-cache, but will probably be the default everywhere in 5.2.

I bring that up because there's some hard-coded logic that detects useRegionBasedMarshalling=true and deletes the sessions off the disk at webapp undeploy. But thinking about your question has me thinking the "purgeOnStartup" flag could handle that useRegionBasedMarshalling=true use case fine as well, removing the need to have the cleanup be hard coded, and letting people like yourself control the behavior.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4259965#4259965

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4259965