[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Can't undeploy without restarting jboss.

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 15 00:32:25 EDT 2009

Yes, file locking has been a problem on Windows even in earlier versions of JBoss. My understanding was that it was fixed in AS-5 with the introduction of VFS, but it's still present.

So coming back to your issue - i guess instead of deploying as an exploded folder, you can probably deploy it as archived deployment so that the archive is then extracted into a temp folder by the server and the file-in-use issue will probably be solved. However this has its own disadvantages because, you can't do dynamic changes to files like .jsp without redeploying the application.

I remember that in 5.1.0 version of AS, even exploded deployments were temped (i.e. copied over to temp folder). Could you try 5.1.0 and see if that solves the issue?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4260425#4260425

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4260425