[jboss-user] [Clustering] - Re: JGroups timing call inomalities

axelerator do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 19 15:21:07 EDT 2009

Hi Brian,

okay - that wasn't the most intelligent post ever. So, let's clear things up.
I have a service, which is active on all nodes in the cluster. Nevertheless, if the node a method of this service is invoked on, is not the master node, the call is relayed to that master node (callMethodOnCoordinator).

What happens is that the master-node service is called not too heavily, but concurrently 1-2 times/second (to do some mutual exclusive stuff).

Therefor, as far as I understand you, the method I use isn't the most intelligent way to do this, since I want multi-threaded access to this services, besides that the service handles semaphore access internally.
Does this mean does using JGroups/Jboss Clustering, I can call the same service on each node only sequentially, but not multi-threaded? If so .. what would be your suggestion on handling this issue? I ask because I expected that this remoting call can be handled in a parallel environment.

The JIRA case I was referring to, is https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JGRP-829 .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4261129#4261129

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4261129