[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - [jBPM4.1] Update hibernate-type process variables via form t

markroy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 20 13:17:17 EDT 2009

In the Freemarker template attached to my task node, if I have a form field that references a process variable of a simple type, String e.g.,

[input type="text" name="stringProcVar" value="${stringProcVar}"]

the process variable stringProcVar is updated on form submit. However, if I have a form field that references 'objvar', a process variable that is of type 'hibernate entity with a string id':

[input type="text" name="objvar.property" value="${objvar.property}"]

the properties of 'objvar' are displayed correctly in the form. However, updates to the value (input field on form post) do not update objvar's properties. Instead, a new process variable is created:

 (server.log)
 DEBUG [org.jbpm.pvm.internal.model.ScopeInstanceImpl] (http-127.0.0.1-8080-5) create variable 'objvar.property' in 'execution[ESP-9]' with value 'abc123'

Is this something that should work? If so, what should the field 'name' property be set to?

Thanks,
Mark

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4261335#4261335

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4261335