[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Logging in JBoss

rohit.macherla do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 22 03:49:41 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am developing WebServices on JBoss 4.2.3.GA application server. I am planning to use Logger facility for logging the information, instead of the System.out.println's.
I have found that the "Logger" class comes in various packages(jar's). For the list given below, I am unable to select a better jar for using them. Please give me some details regarding the advantages/disadvantages of using the following Logger's:
java.util.logging.Logger
org.jboss.logging.Logger
org.apache.log4j.Logger

I am assuming : Using JBoss logging might make my code tightly coupled with the application server (I am not sure we'll change the application server) but it may offer greater performance as it is JBoss specific logging.
However, it would be great if someone provides insights into this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4261645#4261645

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4261645