[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Migration to JBoss 5, Scheduler not working

osnetwork do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 25 11:50:12 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to port my application from JBoss AS 4.x to JBoss 5.1.

The application seems to be deployed fine. In fact inside my EAR I have various jar and a WEB application
The fact that the WEB application is working fine means that also the other jar/EJBs are deployed and working correctly.

The problem is that in my application I have defined a service inside the META-INF of the EAR like that:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <server>
  |     <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"
  |            name="com.os:service=Scheduler">
  |         <attribute name="StartAtStartup">true</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="SchedulableClass">com.os.schedule.LobbyScheduler</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="SchedulableArguments">lobbyTopic,1</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="SchedulableArgumentTypes">java.lang.String,long</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="InitialStartDate">NOW</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="SchedulePeriod">5000</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="InitialRepetitions">-1</attribute>
  |         <!--
  | 			<depends>jboss.j2ee:service=EARDeployment,url='gamgamEAR.ear'</depends>
  | 			<depends>jboss.j2ee:url='gamgamEAR.ear',service=EARDeployer</depends>
  | 			<depends>jboss.j2ee:jndiName=gamgamEAR/LobbyManager/local,service=EJB3</depends>
  |          -->
  |         <depends>jboss.j2ee:url='gamgamEAR.ear',service=EJB3</depends>
  |     </mbean>
  | </server>
basically it should call every 5 seconds a class LobbyScheduler that implements the org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Schedulable interface.

the problem is that I always get the same error, that comes from the  tag.
DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  |   Deployment "com.os:service=Scheduler" is missing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,url='gamgamEAR.ear'" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,url='gamgamEAR.ear'' **")
  |
  | DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  |   Deployment "jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,url='gamgamEAR.ear'" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,url='gamgamEAR.ear'' **
In fact it seems that it doesn't find the EAR deployed or the address is wrong
In my old configuration (JBoss 4.x) I had:
<depends>jboss.j2ee:service=EARDeployment,url='gamgamEAR.ear'</depends>
and it was working fine. Probably in the AS 5, the name has been changed from EARDeployment to EARDeployer but still I'm not able to find the right sintax.

I was trying to point at the EJB used by Scheduler class that in my case is LobbyManager, but even in that case it's not working.

I was checking the JMX-Console for the name of the Bean LobbyManager. and putting that string into  tag I have as result no more errors... but nothing happens...  so that means that the scheduler is not called.
ear=gamgamEAR.ear,jar=gamgamEJB.jar,name=LobbyManager,service=EJB3

  | <depends>jboss.j2ee:ear=gamgamEAR.ear,jar=gamgamEJB.jar,name=LobbyManager,service=EJB3</depends>

Do you have any advice?

PS=is that Scheduler way J2EE 5 compliant? If not how can I replace that scheduler with something portable.

Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4262017#4262017

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4262017