[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal Users] - Re: Portal giving way to GateIn

sweiss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 28 10:19:09 EDT 2009

I've been looking at the GateIn portal and while it looks promising it doesn't seem quite ready for prime time. We (I work with the original poster) are considering it as an alternative to the JBoss portal but there are some shortcomings. For example, I haven't come across any way to add new portlets. We will also need to add new skins, and create our own authentication module. Are these kinds of customizations doable, or planned?

I've also played around a little with the GateIn portlet container, but without documentation it's difficult to assess. Will developer documentation be available any time soon? (Or does it already exist somewhere?)

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4262721#4262721

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4262721