[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: using an external scheduler to execute 'jobs'

vchira do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 28 13:43:29 EDT 2009

I found how it should work but it doesn't :(

There is an xml element <timer-session/> which one can configure in jbpm.cfg.xml but unfortunately the  TimerSessionBinding does not allow you to configure your own TimerSession implementation. the XML Tag has only 1 attribute 'target' which can have the value 'ejb' and than a org.jbpm.enterprise.internal.ejb.EnterpriseTimerSession will be used. in all other cases the JobExecutorTimerSession class will be used. I opened a feature request with a possible solution so that one can provide it's own implementation for quarz or some other scheduler:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-2614

I think this is a pretty important feature because the JobExecutor thread is not reliable and not allowed in an EJB Container.

I also found no documentation about org.jbpm.enterprise.internal.ejb.EnterpriseTimerSession.

pls vote this feature if you are interested in using your own scheduler. Thx.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4262781#4262781

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4262781