[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Users] - Long running Serial Process ... what's the best method to do

smeverts do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 28 19:17:07 EDT 2009

I am trying to figure out what the best way to perform a long running process within JBOSS.  I have thought about having a quartz job wake up periodically and invoke a function of a MBEAN.  The problem with this approach is that I don't want to timeout the quartz job (which is basically a MDB) so I was thinking that I would create a thread within the MBEAN to process the long running task.  The problem with that approach is that I need to update the database and I can not access the EnitityManager from within a thread.  Any thoughts of how this could be done?  Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Scott

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4262829#4262829

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4262829