[jboss-user] [JMX] - Re: jmx-console depends on generic named ear-file

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 29 01:41:23 EDT 2009

"mawenzel" wrote :
  | The problem is: the ear-file has a dynamically-given name (like test_010.ear, test_020.ear,...)

How dynamic is the name? I mean do you know the name of the ear when the server is starting? If yes, then you can do something like this:

<depends>jboss.j2ee:service=EARDeployment,url='${myEarName}'</depends>

Notice the use of ${myEarName}. You can then pass -DmyEarName as a system property while starting the server:

./run.sh -DmyEarName=test_010.ear

The property in the xml will then be replaced by this value during xml parsing by the JBoss server. You could even add the -D part into the JAVA_OPTS section within the run.sh/run.bat script instead of typing from the command line.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4262843#4262843

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4262843