[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: JBPM4: How to find leaving transitions of an execution

nilspreusker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 29 10:53:01 EDT 2009

Hi Sebastian,

anonymous wrote : Me: wouldn't it also be nice to be able to query the process instance for the process variables that will be required after a transition?

  | Sebastian: Maybe you can explain your thoughts a bit more here.

My basic though is that the more details we can get about the process through the API at run-time,  the closer we get to creating or generating a default user interface for processes.

If it was possible to retrieve information about the process variables that are required in the resulting task/state/activity node of a transition, one could think of a user interface that shows a default form when a transition is invoked (i.e. default task forms), based on the type and name of the variables. These could be customized by providing task forms along with the process deployment as it is shown in the task form example.

I suppose this is really turning more into a development forum discussion... Please let me know what you think!

Cheers, Nils

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4262988#4262988

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4262988