[jboss-user] [JCA] - Fungal RADeployer not handling empty ra.xml property values

magicduncan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 30 08:09:21 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

I was just having a play with the 1.0.0-ALPHA release of the JCA container. Im particularly interested in running an embedded container inside a Java application, so was having a go at getting this up and running.

All went well, until I tried to deploy (for example) a jms-rar.rar that I had plundered from a jboss 4 app server. After resolving all the missing jars, it eventually failed when the fungal RADeployer was calling the Injection.inject method for each of the config-properties in the resource adapter's ra.xml.

As it turned out, this ra.xml had empty values for such fileds as UserName, Password, ClientID. Fungal's Injection.inject method really didnt like the empty values coming through, tho I would have thought these were entirely valid for ra.xml? Hacking the ra.xml to provide some non empty values got me past the issue, but clearly this is not ideal.

Is this a bug?

Otherwise this project looks really cool. Will definitley be investigating it further.

Cheers,
Ross

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4263162#4263162

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4263162