[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools Users] - birt integration - tag p:birt broken on postback

gonzalad do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 2 15:23:54 EDT 2009

Hello,

I've used today p:birt tag with embed - just like in the sample :
<b:birt designType="embed" designName="ProductCatalog.rptdesign"
  |     embeddable="true" masterpage="false"/>

I have in the same JSF page a form with h:commandButton.
On first render, everything works fine.
On postback, birt tag generates an error (I dont remember exactly which one).
The line in error was in UIDocument#encodeBegin because designNameValue was null on postback :
buffer.append(URLEncoder.encode(designNameValue,"UTF-8"));

This is due because saveState and restoreState are not implemented in org.jboss.seam.birt.ui.UIDocument (just look at http://fisheye.jboss.org/browse/~raw,r=11184/JBossTools/trunk/birt/plugins/org.jboss.tools.birt.core/resources/jboss-seam-birt.jar for instance).

You should save the state of all the attributes in saveState method otherwise they are going to be null on every postback.

A second bug : some attributes are missing in saveState and restoreState of UIParameter (locale, isnull).

Should I fill a JIRA issue ?

Thanks !

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4253158#4253158

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4253158