[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Users] - Messaging setup in a network with multiple clusters

FrankTheTank do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 3 13:09:20 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I have a setup with multiple clusters with unique partition names in one network.

I am using Jboss 4.2.3 and messaging 1.4

The problem is, that while the cluster system can tell who belongs to what group, via the partition name, the JBM cannot.

Ideally I think the messaging system should be able to keep them apart.
We do set the -Djboss.messaging.groupname=$PARTITION_NAME but that does not seem to be enough.

One (imho suboptimal) solution is to change the messaging channel addresses to unique scopes for each cluster.
But that is just avoiding the issue instead of resolving it.
Plus it would mean different scopes for each cluster (if each workplace has their own mini-cluster of one node, then you can image the headache)

I welcome any help that can be provided.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4253388#4253388

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4253388