[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: JBoss server hangs in state

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 3 15:57:00 EDT 2009

What your are looking for in the telnet response is the hostname or IP address that comes right after "UnicastRef". In the first case that was 127.0.0.1 and in the second 172.23.10.109. The client, when it gets a response from the JNDI server, uses this hostname/IP address for all future communications with the server. I have found in many cases that if a hostname is passed back that the hostname is either unknown to the DNS or the client has an invalid IP address for the hostname in its hosts file. I have also seen invalid IP addresses being sent back, which usually indicates problems in the hosts file on the server.

In your case the responses appear to be correct - a client should have no problems using 127.0.0.1 to communicate with the server.

At this point I have suggested everything I can think of.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4253427#4253427

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4253427