[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: JBoss Performance Tuning

h2kinfosys do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 4 18:19:04 EDT 2009

Hi Tony,
Hi Peter and other folks,
It is very good thread and your input is really great help.
I have few questions.

Before my questions, I want you to know about the environment.
Our Environment is : RHEL ( redhat enter prise Linux) 5.0, JBoss 5.x, Oracle 11G RAC.  etc..   No Web UI for this app.

I heard that in latest versions, Some of the values can be dynamically changed based on the load, even if you set the value to default.

Q1) For Load balancing: is it good to use APache load balancer or the hardware load balancer ? for the JBoss 5.1.0 as App Server ?

Q2) What are the important parameters in DB, Linux, JBoss, JVM, need to change to tune the performance?

Q3) WHat are the in built tools we can use the anlyze the performance on top the LoadRunner(to apply concurrent users stress the load). ?

I understand that the values are based on the application behaviour and based on the load. Here I want to know more details about which value and where we need to change based on the specific analysis..

For example, threads are waiting, then we can increase the Max thread size..

I hope I am giving clear details of my issue.

Thank you,
Manohar

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4253685#4253685

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4253685