[jboss-user] [Clustering] - Hot deply new version of a webapp
do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 8 15:22:05 EDT 2009
* JBoss/Tomcat with a web app, clustered using ehcache (not JBoss caching -- but that's not important). 5 JBoss instances in the cluster.
* Apache mod_jk-based loadbalancing with sticky sessions
How to deply a new version of the webapp *without bringing down JBoss*. We'd like to upgrade webapp so that
* New sessions get routed to the upgraded version of the webapp
* Existing sessions stay routed to older version of the webapp
* Clients are essentially unaware that upgrade is going on -- URLs to the webapp don't change, existing sessions continue without interruption, new sessions can be started, app never appears to come down from a client POV.
Any advise on which load balancer to use to achieve this? Particular brand of hardware or software? We think we got a handle on JBoss configuration and management, and management of the distributed caches, but getting we don't have any experience on involving the load balancer in the mix.
Thanks in advance for any advise, wisdom, revelations, or knowledge!
View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254044#4254044
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254044
More information about the jboss-user