[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Deploy webapp in external dir (AS 5.1.0)

am2605 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 8 23:58:56 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'd like to try and deploy some of my apps to directories which aren't until the JBOSS_HOME, but I'm not really sure how to do it, and/or if it is possible to do what I want.

I found this wiki page: http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/HowtodeploymyapplicationinanexternaldirectoryinJBoss-5

however when I try it, I get some errors on startup.

Using this approach, the relevant section of my profile.xml looks like this:

				${jboss.server.home.url}deploy

        <!-- Custom deploy folders -->
        c:/app1
        c:/app2

Both c:/app1 and c:/app2 are empty folders (I have also tried placing a .war file in each).

However JBoss won't start with this configuration.  I think it's expecting more stuff in those folders yes?  eg.

ejb3-container-jboss-beans.xml
hdscanner-jboss-beans.xml
hsqldb-ds.xml
http-invoker.sar
jboss-local-jdbc.rar
jboss-xa-jdbc.rar
jbossweb.sar
jca-jboss-beans.xml
jmx-console.war
jmx-invoker-service.xml
ROOT.war
security
transaction-jboss-beans.xml

HOwever this isn't what I want.  What I really want to do is just have 2 apps each in a separate folder.

Similar to what you can do by adding this to a standalone tomcat's conf/server.xml:

<Host name="app1.local" appBase="webapps"
  | unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
  | xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
  |       <Context path="" docBase="c:/app1"/>
  | </Host>

Is it possible to do this on JBoss 5.1.0, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254070#4254070

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254070