[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting Users] - invoker locator config vs. request metadata params

mazz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 9 09:40:52 EDT 2009

In reading 5.4.11. HTTP(S) Client Invoker - proxy and basic authentication of the docs here:

http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossremoting/freezone/docs/guide/2.2/JBoss_Remoting_Guide.pdf

it gives an example of how you can setup http proxy by using the metadata map passed to the invoke method.

2 questions:

1) I have had a report that using the System properties method of setting those http proxy props did not work (on 2.2.1.GA - though I'm more interested if it works/is broken on 2.2.2.SP8) - I cannot confirm this because I did not try it, but user dfilgueiras80 says it did not work , from forum post http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254159#4253994 Can someone confirm that they've actually seen that work (setting the system properties and have them take effect)?

2) I thought the invoker locator params (those in the URL query string, e.g. http://host:port/?these&parameters&here) were used by the client to configure each request sent by the client.  I realize that some of the invoker locator params are meaningless to the client (they are only used on the server side) but I thought things like http.proxyPort and the like (if specified in the invoker locator used by the client) would be used for each request. Is that not true? Is there some way we can specify http proxy settings in the invoker locator URL and have the client use them as part of the request metadata (which is used by the invoke method)?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254185#4254185

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254185