[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Users] - Re: How to create persistent queues on the fly

c2lindevall do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 10 13:03:50 EDT 2009

Hi,

Is it on the roadmap for HornetQ to extend the JMS dynamic management interface (namely JMSServerControl) with the other createQueue and createTopic versions?

Not sure how important this would be for people out there, but I automatically assumed all the versions would be available (or at least one that also includes the selector and temporary parameters).

The following fails in the latest version of HornetQ (HornetQ-2.0.0.BETA5):

  |             Queue queue = new HornetQQueue("hornetq.management", "hornetq.management");
  |             QueueRequestor requestor = new QueueRequestor((QueueSession) session, queue);
  |             Message msg = session.createMessage();
  |             JMSManagementHelper.putOperationInvocation(msg, "jms.server",
  |                     "createQueue", name, jndi, selector, temporary);
  |             Message reply = requestor.request(msg);
  |             boolean success = JMSManagementHelper.hasOperationSucceeded(reply);

I could use "core.server" instead of "jms.server", but then some of the JMS logic is bypassed (eg. binding to JNDI). I'll resort to using "core.server" + calling the JMS logic somehow by hand for now.

Decided to post this here, even though it partly does not concern only creation of durable queues and topics.

~CLi

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254526#4254526

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254526