[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools Users] - Re: want to port project from myeclipse to jboss tools...

deanhiller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 10 18:12:35 EDT 2009

yes, "behind" can be relative.  I am new to jboss tools, but then I was new to myeclipse when I set that up as well though it did take me an hour to setup as there was one trick that was tough.  With jboss tools, I have been playing and playing with it with no luck.

I have no .settings folder in my myeclipse project at all so there is not the file that you speak of.  I even tried setting this up in WTP project but did not succeed there either.  How does one setup the location of javasrc, the jars to include in web-inf, the jars to use to compile but exclude from web-inf and then finally the xhtml files and web-inf descriptors.  Those are the 5 things that need to get put somewhere.  It seems like all the IDE's should really just ask you for those 5 things and be done with it(with little question marks next to each one explaining it).

anyways, is there a way to set up those 5 locations and have jboss deploy to tomcat/webapps (instead of copying into my source code directories).

in fact, when I fooled around with setup, and then diffed against cvs, my project structure had all these added files and I had to blow everything away...very annoying when it does stuff in the source tree when using version control.  I just wish there was a tutorial on setting up a project with a different dir structure than the example(I even saw someone post on the WTP project the other day asking the same question).

Do you know of any docs or examples on setting up a different dir structure?
thanks,
Dean

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254604#4254604

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254604