[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: JBoss 5.0.0.GA failing to deploy

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 11 02:37:13 EDT 2009

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ApplicationException is only valid on an Exception
  | 	at org.jboss.metadata.annotation.creator.ejb.jboss.ApplicationExceptionProcessor.create(Application
  | ExceptionProcessor.java:60)

Hmm, i have to start concentrating more while looking at the exception stacktrace. I don't know why i was chasing the MANIFEST.MF files for this issue!

Looks like the jar contains some class which uses the @ApplicationException annotation. And going by this stacktrace, the @ApplicationException is being used for some class which is not assignable to java.lang.Exception. Can you post the relevant part of the class(es) having this annotation?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254639#4254639

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254639