[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting Users] - Re: port problem on windows embedded pos

gymoese do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 11 10:10:55 EDT 2009

I'm seeing something similar. We have a JBoss AS (4.3.2) running the server part of our application and several remote clients communicating with the server via. JMS (JBoss messaging 1.4.4 GA) + several stateless session beans.

If I configure the jboss remoting service to use SSL then I get the same problem as posted above, but ONLY if I configure my JBoss AS with a hostname and not an IP addr. during startup with the -b option.

The server and the client are running on the same machine and everything works nicely if I configure my server with -b <IP-Addr> but not with -b  - and yes I'm 100% sure it resolves correctly (o;

What I have noticed is that the serverBindPort of the SslBiSocket configuration seems to be ignored once the serverBindAddress part is a hostname that needs to be resolved.

I have the port configured to default which is 5457 and that is also the port which is used when I used an IP address in my binding, however if I specify the hostname for my machine then the port is just randomly picked and this seems to be causing the problem.

BTW. it seems a bit strange that when I run my hostname set using the -b then it is printed as resolved in the logs.

Starting JBoss with -b "EXI_PEG-W01.headquarters.excitor.dk" will provide the following log line:

Connector sslbisocket://172.16.15.144:40044 has leasing enabled....

First of all you can see that the port is not 5457 as configured and secondly the bindadr. has already been resolved and the resolved adr. is what is sent to the client which is not at all smart - at least that is how it seems to work (o;

If you look at i.e. the WebService service it prints:

... codebase: http://EXI_PEG-W01.headquarters.excitor.dk:8083/

Where the hostname maintains unresolved, might just be a log detail?

Anyway, if I start my JBoss server with -b 172.16.15.144 then, as stated above, everything works fine and I get the following in the log:

Connector sslbisocket://172.16.15.144:5457 has leasing enabled...

Now the correct 5457 port is used!

Actually I can make it run with the hostname set if I just hardcode the 172.16.15.144 in the remoting-sslbisocket-service.xml - not really an option though (o;

Hopefully this can be somewhat usefull when someone goes bughunting (o:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254781#4254781

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254781