[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal Users] - Suggestion on usage of Struts Portlet Bridge for jboss portl

chetan_aggarwal_in do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 11 11:25:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

Following is the scenario:

I have a web application built using Struts 1.3. Now we want to convert it to a portal like application.

Following are choices:

1. Write portlet classes and copy code from Action Classes and add to portlet classes.
  - Advantage : Complete life cycle is portal based.
  - Disadvantage :  Struts application is no longer needed.

2. Use a struts portlet bridge
   - Advantages - Still will be able to use Action classes with portal like look and feel.
   - Disadvantage - I am not getting very comfort feeling with bridge as i am not sure full set features, industry practises. I have also read about certain limitations regarding (not able to user request.getParameter() style in JSP pages...)

Please share your thoughts/suggestions/experiences of using bridges.

Thanks and Regards,
Chetan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254803#4254803

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254803