[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Error deploying JBoss-EL

jinpsu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 11 11:40:36 EDT 2009

I'm trying to deploy jboss-el-2.0.1.GA.jar within my webapp.  It works fine if I put the jar in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib/.  However, if I try to put the jar in my webapp ear, I can't instantiate ExpressionFactoryImpl:

  | java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.loading.LoadMgr3.beginLoadTask(LoadMgr3.java:212)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClassImpl(RepositoryClassLoader.java:521)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClass(RepositoryClassLoader.java:415)

I'm using JBoss 4.2.2.GA and my ear is structured like this:

  | myapp.ear
  | |-- lib
  | |   `-- (various hibernate jars to override the defaults)
  | |-- META-INF
  | |   |-- application.xml
  | |   |-- my-login-config.xml
  | |   `-- jboss-app.xml (configures loader-repository)
  | |-- my-service.xml
  | `-- mywebapp.war
  |     |-- (webapp dirs)
  |     `-- WEB-INF
  |         |-- classes
  |         |   `-- (bean classes)
  |         |-- lib
  |         |   `-- (richfaces, facelets jars)
  |         |-- faces-config.xml
  |         |-- web.xml
  |         `-- facelets-taglib.xml

I've tried putting the jboss-el jar in the top-level lib dir and WEB-INF/lib, both to no avail.  Why is it not in the classpath?

Thanks.

justin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254809#4254809

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254809