[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: workflow design about wait states

mmusaji do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 16 06:29:30 EDT 2009

"kukeltje" wrote : So you want a front-end thread to be blocking for (mostly) parallel executed jobs in the backend? Ar you sure? How long will these jobs be running? Is the process fully ended after these jobs like in your definition that was posted?

  | So basically http://www.eaipatterns.com/BroadcastAggregate.html is what you want?

The jobs will be running for different periods of time but anywhere between 2 and 8 seconds. But there could be problems with comms etc and it could take longer or we could retry etc so the job would take longer in them circumstances. And yes... unfortunately we are sure! lol.

But yes that pattern looks spot on. Is there an "Aggregator" of sorts in JBPM? Or would that be the Join node in a way.

"kukeltje" wrote :
  | And I assume there are multiple return variables since having multiple parallel jobs working on the same variable is kind of dangerous.

Yes multiple return variables (each fork changing its "own" object) which is then read back at the front-end once its been updated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255509#4255509

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4255509