[jboss-user] [Security] - Client Authentication

overma do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 17 17:43:08 EDT 2009

Hello All,

This might be more appropriate for the beginner's section, but it is security related. Anyways, here's my situation.

I am working on a thick-client application that utilizes JBoss for JMS. I have an appropriate database login module setup for that in my login-config.xml that works beautifully. However, I would like to implement an authentication scheme at application start up instead of just at initializing the JMS. What I am trying to figure out is how to point my login logic on the client to the already configured authentication policy in login-config.

I have briefly looked into a lot of the JAAS documentation, but a lot of that seems more appropriate to applications sitting on the server as apposed to separate clients. Anyways, any hints, links or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255835#4255835

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4255835