[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools Users] - in tomcat, redeployment of webapp on class file changes?

deanhiller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 17 22:37:12 EDT 2009

How do I debug the following problem further?....

I change a class file and wait a few seconds and my webapp redeploys.  I don't want it to.  I just want the hot swap which did happen through the debugger.  How do I figure out why it is redeploying?  All I am seeing is...

  | Sep 17, 2009 8:35:40 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext reload
  | INFO: Reloading this Context has started
  | Sep 17, 2009 8:35:40 PM org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl close
  | INFO: closing

I tried changing logging levels...

  | org.apache.level=FINER
  | org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.level=INFO #was spewing stuff

but the second thing kept spewing stuff because the logger must be named different then the class spitting out the logs.  I am not sure why every code change, my webapp is redeployed.  It is really really annoying.  Any ideas on how to debug this issue further?

thanks,
Dean

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255843#4255843

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4255843