[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools Users] - Re: 3.1M3 JSF Issues

elmarweber do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 21 14:22:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

I can confirm the problem. It exists when I use a seam-gen project.
When I try to get content assist working in a xhtml page on any JSF tags all I get is "Content assist is not available at this location".

However, everything works when I create a fresh JSF project via the Eclipse wizard. After some debugging and meddling with the Eclipse project natures and class files I got it working in the seem gen project by adding jsf-impl.jar, richfaces-impl.jar and richfaces-ui.jar to the projects classpath.

I checked the same project without the three classpath entries in Jboss Tools 3.0 on Eclipse 3.4.1 and there the content assist works without the entries.
My best guess at the source of the problem is that the JSF editor content assist swallows a NoClassDefFound Exception somewhere and just outputs "Content asssist is not available .." instead of logging the exception. Maybe the named libs where in the JBoss Tools classpath in 3.0?

Is this something for the JIRA and/or seam project so that seam-gen adds the three libs.

ciao,
elm

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256239#4256239

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256239