[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Users] - VFS outside of AS

bob.mcwhirter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 22 17:49:51 EDT 2009

Howdy guys--

JRuby has the need to deal with things-inside-jars-inside-jars and the like.  I obviously have enjoyed VFS working within JBossAS, and have solved a lot of my problems.

But, we'd like to try to wedge VFS into the core of JRuby to solve their FS issues once and for all.

To that end, it seems like VFS requires 3 jars

jboss-vfs (244k)
jboss-common-core (523k)
jboss-logging-spi (12k)

Has anyone inspected the actual dependencies on these jars to determine if we could remove or lessen them?

I know logging-spi is tiny, but it's yet-another-jar.  jboss-common-core is somewhat large, considering.  I'd love to be able to reduce that to just what VFS needs also.

Or, all else failing, would it be possible for VFS to ship a jboss-vfs-with-deps.jar which includes the other bits all together in a single package?

Thanks,

-Bob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256504#4256504

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256504