[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting Users] - J2EE remote client HTTP tunneling

bwarren do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 24 20:45:37 EDT 2009

I've got a swing client that's making EJB calls and listening to JMS topics in my JBoss app server.  I get the server JNDI and do remote proxy lookups for EJBs, JMS Topics, and the JMS Connection Factory.

All of this works fine until somebody puts a firewall between my client and server and closes everything but port 80.  I've been looking and I found quite a bit of possibilities but I didn't really see anything that looked like an exact fit.  The closest I saw is JProxy, but testing reveals that it doesn't work.  The proxy I got back still wanted to connect on a different port.

Is JBoss Remoting the way to go here?  I could create a server object that proxies the calls to the various EJBs and to JMS and forward the results back to the client.  Then tunnel all that over HTTP.  My other option would be to convert my JMS code to use HTTP (not looked up from JNDI) and then create web services for my EJB calls.  Is there something I'm missing?  Maybe there's a way to configure the JNDI proxies to connect back with HTTP tunneling?  We're also headed for clustering so I'll have that wrinkle in there soon.  The non-firewall answer is to use HA-JNDI and everything else will work fine.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256981#4256981

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256981