[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: Implementing Escalation in jBPM 4.1

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 25 08:16:24 EDT 2009

"The European guy" wrote : I managed to use a timer to make the engine take a timeout transition after some time. My question here: If you make the engine take the transition like this is the previous task completed? Or is this the wrong approach and I should just change the assignment of the task in jBPM?

In 3 it is ended (and configurable) in 4 it is not ended (not configurable) but there is a jira issue for this to make it compatible again. Reassignment is also an option, but that is not visible in the processdefinition then.

"The European guy" wrote : I am thinking about the first one because business people often model escalations like this: There is a transition to take when the task is completed or a different one is taken on a timer event leading to a task assigned to somebody else.
  |  Yes, me to, and this will be visualized also on the GPD once the timeout from BPMN comes into play

"The European guy" wrote : If the task was marked completed when the timeout transition was taken wouldn't this be a bit strange for reports on processes because actually the first person did not complete the task but it was marked as completed?

That is why the task lifecycle is so interesting since you can add an additional 'state' (not a node but the state of a task ;-))

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4257065#4257065

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4257065