[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - JBOSS runs as a service, but will not autostart

geneellis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 29 20:13:32 EDT 2009

I can successfully get JBOSS to start by typing service jboss start from the command line, but cannot get it to auto start as a service.

I believe I have done everything necessary:
1) Placed chkconfig: 2345 80 20 in my start script
2) Executed chkconfig --list to make sure it has been added
3) Checked the server run level (3) to make sure I have the right values for chkconfig
4) Executed ntsysv to make sure there is an "*" in the JBOSS box (there is)
5) Manually looked in the rc3.d folder to make sure a symlink is there.
6) Have manually run the commands in the startup script (from command line) to make sure they properly start the JBOSS server (they do)

Whew! So when I reboot my server, JBOSS still doesn't start automatically. Is there some simple step I am missing? Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4257768#4257768

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4257768