[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: JBOSS runs as a service, but will not autostart

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 30 13:35:53 EDT 2009

Yes, I understand all that, but "weird" things happen when services start automatically at startup. What I am suspecting is that the OS does attempt to start the service, but it is crashing for some reason. I imagine there is an OS log file somewhere that might give some clues on the issue, but I would not know offhand. And even if I knew where that log was on Ubuntu , such knowledge might not help you on CentOS. So the best alternative is to have the script "echo" so info.

If you are using one of the jboss_init_*.sh scripts, then you will see this:

  | JBOSS_CONSOLE=${JBOSS_CONSOLE:-"/dev/null"}
  | . . .
  | eval $JBOSS_CMD_START >${JBOSS_CONSOLE} 2>&1 &

in which case all you have to do is change the /dev/null to something a little more permanent ;-) Or set JBOSS_CONSOLE earlier script - there are some 'if' statements earlier in the script that ensure the files is accessible, so set it before those statements. And of course test manually first.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4257964#4257964

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4257964